Friday, April 27, 2018

Echoes From Neptune



                                                An original mixed-media, on paper
                                                18 X 12", unframed

                                                            ( Click on image to enlarge. )



     Recently, I ran across this little, composition study, among a stack of  things I
had put aside long ago, as being simply practice or experimental pieces, or perhaps
things I considered unfinished.  I can see now that, as I worked on it, I was thinking
about creating different kinds of directional pulls, of lines and shapes, but I didn't
continue to use these same simple objects, in a more finished painting.  Even so, I find
something appealing about the color palette of this little study.  The brightly-soft glow
of the salmon-pink lining of the white sea-shell, seems to make the harmony sing a bit.
Perhaps it may make some viewers recall childhood memories, of holding sea-shells
up to their ears, to hear the sounds of the ocean.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment