Sunday, June 2, 2019

They say that it's always darkest before the dawn. - and - On Wings Of Hope


                                                        On Wings Of Hope
                                                        An original acrylic painting, on canvas panel
                                                        16" X 20", unframed

                                                                    ( click on image to enlarge )


     Last December, in my New Year's posting for this blog, titled On Wings Of Hope,
I said that the painting of that title had not yet been photographed.  I had a recent
reminder that I had still not shown the painting, so I am correcting that lapse today.
I only wish that I had something more encouraging to say about the state of the world
and our nation, than I could see ahead for us last December.  I know that there are
always those optimists who always see the cup as half full rather than half empty,
but considering the regressive ignorance constantly emanating from our nation's
executive mansion these days, I can only see the cup as half empty, and dropping
lower by the hour.  If a brighter dawn is coming, let that truth shine through soon.
But for now, again, on our fragile wings of hope, good luck to all of us.

                                                                               Eugene P. McNerney

                                    Exhibition note:
          This painting will be on view at the Buttonwood Art Space in Kansas City, Mo.
    from July 5th to September 26th, 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment