Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dried Gourds and Indian Corn



                                                     An original watercolor painting
                                                     20x13.5" unframed, - (mat size, 26x19.5")
                                                     $200.00, - (plus $25.00, pack and ship)

     I believe that I still have an oil painting which includes a pumpkin and gourd, which
would have been apropos to be photographed and posted in the blog at this time of
the year, but it is tucked away someplace in storage, and I haven't found it as yet.
     So, in the meantime, I'm showing another painting from that bundle of early watercolors
 which I referred to in a previous posting called Forsythia and the Silver Scyphus.  Since
the subjects here included dried gourds, and dry corn in the husks on an old, brass
scuttle, the harvest season is probably a good time to post this one.
     After all these years, I find that I still like the way I handled the painting of the bottle,
and the shadows and folds of the cloth.

                                                            (click on image to enlarge)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment