Sunday, October 7, 2012

Felinity No. 3



                                                An original mixed-media painting
                                                18x12" unframed, - (mat size, 24x18")
                                                $900.00, - (plus $25.00, pack and ship)

     This was the third version of what became of a series of four paintings, which first
began with a straightforward, representational study of a girl holding her cat.  After
that first one, I decided to see if I could try another one which would be a bit more
expressive about the subject.  Although I liked that second version I still didn't feel that
I had gone as far with the subject as it could go, so I continued with this third version
and then on to a fourth one, looking more toward an abstraction of the relationship of
the girl and her cat, perhaps finally blending the characteristics of human and feline.
     The first two versions of the painting are gone now, but this one and the fourth one
are still available.

                                                             (click on image to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment