Thursday, October 4, 2012

Forsythia and The Silver Scyphus



                                                             An original watercolor painting
                                                             14.5x13.5" unframed, (mat size, 20.5x19.5")
                                                              $300.00, (plus $20.00, pack and ship)

     This little painting is one of a group of my very early watercolors, which I recently
pulled out of storage for the first time in many years.  To their credit, now that I'm
seeing them with experienced eyes, I can say that at least I was paying careful attention
to the accuracy of detail in drawing and color at that time.  And now, since they have
been in storage ever since the were painted, the colors are as bright as they were
when they were applied, six decades or more ago.
     I will probably show some more of these early things in the blog, during the next
few weeks.

                                                   (click on image to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment